Successful people understand the importance of prioritizing things every morning. Highly effective people use their morning time effectively to lead a successful and healthy life. There is a science behind an individual’s productivity and one among them is to have a regular morning routine. Ask any successful person, all of them will have a morning routine that they follow religiously to get a step closer to their set goals. By adopting a morning routine you will start to see great results.
So, stop hitting the snooze button in your alarm and start seeing big changes by following these simple habits of highly effective people and increase your productivity throughout the day.
Wake Up Early
Time is one of the most crucial and important factors in an entrepreneur’s life, which is also very scarce. The most important time of the day is when you wake up. The key factor for anybody’s success is waking up before sunrise as it boosts your energy levels and you will feel energized for the rest of the day. This is the time you will be at solitude and have time for yourself. Science says people who wake up early are more optimistic in their approach and likely to be more productive as they can foresee the problems clearly and curtail them more efficiently.
- Practice getting up 15 minutes earlier than your usual waking time and start adjusting. Once you are used to getting up early, there is no looking back.
Your body needs water to replenish itself after waking up as we get dehydrated during sleep. Drinking a glass of water first thing in the morning helps kick start your metabolism as the body depends on water to keep the organs running smoothly.
- Make it a habit to drink water once you get up. Keep a bottle of water beside your bedside table before sleeping so that you don’t forget it once waking up. You can also add a slice of lemon and a tablespoon of honey to lukewarm water to make it more appealing to your taste buds.
Spending a little time peacefully is helpful in a lot of ways. It improves your ability to focus, give attention to more important things, enhances creativity and boosts your emotional intelligence. It improves your overall wellbeing and helps you start the day in a progressive way.
- You don’t really have to sit straight and chant prayers to meditate. One of the best ways to start meditating is by concentrating on your breath. Take 5-10 deep breaths or just sit and focus on a goal intently and what it means to you. Meditation can fight mental stress to a great degree and you will find that you are able to focus on your goals more intently.
One of the habits of highly effective people is that they practice gratitude. They maintain a gratitude journal and list down things they are grateful for. Concentrating on positive things sets a calm and poised tone for the rest of your day.
- Start by maintaining a gratitude journal. Write 3 important aspects of your life i.e., why you are grateful for all the positive things in your life. Do this on a daily basis. You will start feeling a lot happier and feel contented. Being happy improves your overall physiological health thereby improving your self-esteem.
Plan for the Day
Planning starts the previous day before you go to sleep. Mapping out the major tasks for the next day reduces stress and you can concentrate on more important things. Successful people understand the value of time management, so they take a few minutes to plan and organize their To-Do list for the day. Once you wake up you can go through your plan for the day and prioritize work accordingly. Having an organized plan helps keep you on the right track.
- Sit down the previous day and chalk out the schedule for the next day. It can be anything from a short-term goal to a task you want to accomplish. Rightly organizing your tasks can help to set effective and specific goals.
This is one of the best ways to wake your sleeping self. Just spending a few minutes for a quick walk or jog can increase your energy levels and keep you enthused for the rest of the day.
- Try incorporating some form of physical activity like yoga or a brisk walk to your daily schedule. It has proven benefits in improving not only physical but also mental health.
Having Nutritious Breakfast
The first and foremost factor for success is a sound body and mind. You may be tempted to skip the most important meal of the day but having a wholesome breakfast nourishes your body and keeps you energized throughout the day. Having breakfast not only nourishes your body, but it’s also the best time to connect with your family. Push that meeting for later and sit down with your family to have that bowl of cereal.
- Include lots of fruits, vegetables, the right amount of carbohydrates and proteins in your diet. The body is better able to handle food in the morning and convert it into energy than any other meal of the day. So, a healthy and well-balanced diet not only gets your body fueled up, it also makes you ready to conquer the world.
Eat That Frog
There’s a saying by Mark Twain– “Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.” It means finishing the most important task of the day, the one you are likely to procrastinate and not do anything about. No matter how tough or intimidating it may seem, finishing the important task will give you a sense of achievement. This will give you the motivation to tackle the rest of the day stress-free.
- Start with tackling the bigger task first thing in the morning. Morning is the time when your energy levels are at its peak. You will feel a sense of accomplishment by striking off the harder things on your To-Do list. This practice, in turn, increases your productivity for the rest of the day as it becomes easier for you to tackle less critical works.
Ourbusinessladder is Business consulting Firm in India specialized in Market Research and Business advisory. We help established business turn their game around and start-ups to kick-start their success story. Ourbusinessladder being a business consulting company, helps people with ideas to turn them into worthy businesses and ensure their business growth.